- General village life
- Social & other
- Arts & crafts
JUBILEE/OLYMPIC VILLAGE FETE
SATURDAY 16 JUNE 2012, 1 – 6 PM at the Playing Field, along Hornbury Hill and in the Village Hall. Continues with music and food from 6pm at the Playing Field Come along and enjoy the fun!
Anyone willing to help set up the sites on Friday evening and/or Saturday morning, please contact Jane Snook on 861281
PLEASE NOTE : Hornbury Hill will be closed from 10am – 6pm from Dog Trap Lane up to Sawyers Hill (except for residents of homes along this stretch)
There will be various competitions for adults and children to enter which are listed below. Please read the competition rules, then complete the entry form and return to Rachel Jackson, 1 Oakleaze, Minety, before MONDAY 30 APRIL 2012. Please note the scone recipe to use is here. All docuemnts which relate to competitions are in the competitions folder. All entries will be displayed at the Village Hall and judged before the celebrations open.
- Garden on a plate (26cm maximum diameter) under 7, 7 – 11, 12 – 15, 16 - 18
- Three decorated home made cup cakes, under 7, 7 – 11, 12 – 15, 16 - 18
- Photography – on the theme of Minety 2012, under 11, 12 – 15, 16 – 18
- Painting – on the theme of ‘Diamond Jubilee’, under 5, 6 – 11, 12 – 15, 16 – 18
- Floral arrangements in a basket – Diamond Jubilee theme
- Plate of 5 scones to a given recipe
- Rural craft, ie, wood craft, metal, glass or pottery made by the entrant in the last 2 years
- Basket of in-season home grown vegetables
- Painting – Olympic and/or Jubilee theme
- Photography – Minety 2012 theme
Entry form is here and competition rules will be posted in the competitions folder also.
If you can organise a stall or "side show" please contact us