The village of Minety was at one time a clearing in the midst of Braydon Forest, a favourite hunting ground of royalty.
Upper Minety surrounds St. Leonard's Church, which was built in 1450 on much earlier foundations. The font is at least 500 years old. Nearby stands The Mansells, a 17th century house which is one of the oldest inhabited buildings in the village.
Minety also includes Lower Moor and the old part known as Silver Street. The rest of the village expanded during the years of the railway, with several thriving commercial businesses operating during the first part of the 20th century. Following the closure of the railway station in 1964, the other businesses also left over a period of time. Read More »
Minety Village has a range of sports, social and educational facilities. Click a link below for more information.
Minety is easily reached from Swindon, Cricklade, Cirencester and Malmesbury, all of which are less than 12 miles away.
The village is in the beautiful countryside of North Wiltshire, set on the outskirts of the Cotswold hills. It is very easy to find, just East of Malmesbury, beside the B4040 road to Cricklade. From the South and East, go through the town of Cricklade. Minety is 5 miles to the West, lying on the B4040 where you turn right for the village.
Minety is less than 12 miles away from the major town of Swindon, which has a huge range of facilities. Smaller, local towns are Malmesbury, Cirencester and Cricklade. We are also close to the Cotswold Water Park, with 150 lakes and a wide range of tourist attractions.
The nearest station is Kemble, less than 7 miles from Minety. There are limited bus services.